In this newsletter
Many thanks to the more than 1,000 members of our site community who
responded to our recent survey about preferences for communicating with
the Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI). See below for a summary of the results. Click here if you would like to view more details.
We hope you took advantage of the recent opportunity to review and comment on the draft ADAPTABLE protocol. This was an opportunity to refine the protocol and enhance engagement for the trial by collecting advice or feedback on key aspects of the study from the patient, clinical, and research communities.
In addition to reviewing the protocol, there is an opportunity to help select the trial’s visual identity. We have developed three designs to represent the ADAPTABLE trial. We value your opinion and ask that you choose one design that you like best. You will see the results instantly. Have fun!
You asked for educational opportunities. Did you know you can join our weekly Research Conference? Our research conferences are presented during the academic year (September – June) most Tuesdays noon-1:00 pm Eastern time. Watch live on our YouTube channel or learn more at https://dcri.org/education-training/dcri-research-conference.
Recent presentations (available in our archive) include topics
- Organ Transplantation: Current Challenges and Investigational Approaches (Allan Kirk, MD)
- Global Health: A Rising Academic Field (Michael Merson, MD)
- Research Ethics: From Conceptualization to Dissemination (Marion Broome, PhD, RN)
- The Emerging CNS Experimental Therapeutics Paradigm and DCRI Neurosciences Medicine (Andrew Krystal, MD)
- Learning Health Systems in Oncology: Integrating Data from an HIT Industry Perspective (Amy Abernethy, MD, PhD)
We heard you loud and clear! As a data-driven organization, we will use the information you have provided to develop communications to keep you informed and engaged.
Our communication plan includes:
- Quarterly newsletters with relevant topics of interest – based on the feedback you provided!
- Periodic notification of important study opportunities or key study milestones.
- A dedicated space on dcri.org for you – our site community. Here you will find additional information on best practices, educational opportunities, and new and ongoing study information. Stay tuned.
If you have any comments or suggestions, send an email and let us know what you think. email@example.com.